Monday, September 19, 2005

First Time

Today is the first time in my life that i`m teaching peoples from goverment sector! huhuh. I`m teach them at INTAN.



Actually, i totally not in ready mode but, i dengan yakin gamble teach them how to secure your linux server in the simple and basic way, hah! hehe. Actually, what i told them are the basic thing u must do. Such as, long and dificult password, patch, update, firewall, SSL, SSH bla bla. Hehe.

Well, all participant is showing a good respond when i give my speech. I also saw, one or two guys were sleepy, haha. Maybe i talk too much and they get bored! haha. Now i know how the feeling when you give a talk in front of the class and the participant were sleeping. Haha.

The participant are from goverment sector. Their job are such as PSM and PPSM. But, they don`t have lot of knowledge in security area. Well, maybe i can share with them what knowledge in security do i have in my head. :)

Tomorrow is the second day, and i still have to give a talk but the topic is about MySQL Security : How to secure it. Well, yesterday, i do some information gathering about how to secure the MySQL database server in linux. I found quite lot of info and i write it in my slide. Tomorrow is a challage to me! hehe, Gambatte! I will try my best! :P (poyo gila ayat)