Tuesday, October 20, 2009

How: Hiring New S.A?

How to hire security analyst?

Well, I've got few problems here. How to hire new SA? Well, i have few candidates that potentially can work with me together build the new SOC. However, the problems are:

1. They absolutely experienced in shift work, however if they want to change the work environment, they would not want to work on shift anymore.

2. They absolutely experienced and now they want to demand the salary. Their end basic salary was quite high now days and if the company just offer them few hundreds only, would they consider? of course no!

3. Right now they might be in the level of manager/head/senior, would they want to join an MNC company with few hundreds of increment but as Security Engineer doing the task of SA? I don't think so.

4. HR of the company is not clearly describe the offer even though the hiring manager already state what is the benefits/base salary they can offer to the candidate. This could make the candidate confuse whether to join in or take off.

5. I also have a few friends that i confirm can work as SA with shift environment and without any problem to accept the offer, but i don't think they can perform and personally, their technical skill is quite low and their effort is none, duh! Hopefully if I'm desperate enough to hire them, they can change.

6. I'm not sure how to find a new candidate that have security knowledge and experienced and have a good attitude. Anyone want to try?

So, can somebody advice me how to overcome those problems?

However, if you are a security guy - a packets monkey - part of CIRT before - have a knowledge in networks, OS (Linux/UNIX/Windows etc), security - have a good attitude - willing to learn new things - fast learner - got passion in it - willing to share the knowledge - willing to work on shift 12 hours rotation - want to work with MNC company, you can send your CV to me at akramabdulrahman[at]gmail[dot]com. I will review your CV and i will try my best to fwd it to my boss for interview session if you've been shortlisted. There is not promise but i'll try my best.

Good luck!

:)