Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Project: House

Absolutely not related to work.

InsyaAllah, we will moving in to a new house (not that new, 18 years old already la). Previously, my oldest sister and her family live there but now they already moved to Seremban, quite near to my parents house. It was a terrace double-story house at Bandar Tasik Selatan. Before moving in, i have to do a minor renovation at kitchen like extend a little bit (if got a rezeki, think to build a kitchen cabinet = modern style) and at car porch, need to tiles all the floor and maybe automatic gate and extend the roof, repair the floor, doors and paint the walls. I will do painting by my self and my dad, need to discuss with wifey what colors she want for background and feature wall. A lot of work need to be done. Our trusted contractor, which is trusted by my family, they done a very good jobs since build up my parents house at Seremban until now, will be the main contractor for this project. Need to check with DBKL for approval to renovate the house, hope our contractor can help regarding this one.

The reason for moving in is:

1. My sister move out, the house is vacant and my parent offered me to live in that house, my current apartment will be own by my 2nd sister.

2. Landed house, it was my dream house, don't care the location is, but i think, this area are quite convenient to our family. Our son nursery is so near, also my mother in law apartment too. Shop lot, clinics, Masjid, Surau, Pasar Tani, ATM, LRT/Komuter, Gas Station, exit to main highway etc.

3. I can save a lot of money since i can cut off the maintainance fee which cost me quarter of my current salary (damn it!). Fuel for cars since i can go to shop etc just using my feet or a bicycle (plan to buy one/two if moving in that house).

4. Bigger house with 4 rooms which can provide us a lot of space to place our stuff. After the renovation, we will get our laundry area at the back of the house, separate from the kitchen. I already booked 1 room for my own use, i can equip that room with servers, book rack and etc.

The total budget for renovation and moving in will cost me RM20k. Fuhh, there a lot of money involve, damn! Hopefully i can reduce it more. If the budget exceed, i will cut a few things that not so important such as automatic gate or tiles floor. Anyway, i'm looking forward for this project to be done as soon as it can be!

Oh, and yes, this house is still owned by my mother, however, all the budget for renovation, door tax, repair etc will cost my own money. I'm lucky for that which is i don't need to pay the rent, Alhamdulillah.

:)