Thursday, February 14, 2008

What A Day!

Yeah! What a shit day! Kelmarin, hari yang sungguh tension bagi aku. Aku terpaksa menghabiskan masa seharian duduk kat office client baru kami menginstall monitoring tools dan juga IDS tools yang end-up tak success. SHIT! The problem was cause by OS not supported, shit! I have to spent my whole day there until 3 a.m with my wife too. I'm very sorry to her cause made her waiting for me with hungry stomach (i'm so worried cause she pregnant). Shit! I have no choice since theres no other people wanna stay with me except Fadhlan from deployment team, thanks bro and then, i need to ask Bob for a favor to replace me troubleshoot the problems we face. Thank you very much Bob, i have no choice and i'm very sorry.

The next day, the problem solved. My boss figure out that CentOs 5 is not supported by the monitoring software and we move from CentOs 5 to CentOs 4. I have check the IDS config files, my CSO put a line in IDS config file for passing the IDS log tru syslog server:

output alert_syslog: LOG_LOCAL3 LOG_INFO

but then, i figure out that the line was still commented in IDS config files in my company IDS and the concept is same with the client's concept. I do wonder, is this another mistake that i need to change if i want to pass up the IDS log tru syslog? Need to confirm back with our master-sifu : Mr. Halizain. He is now at Jeddah.

I also wonder, how are we gonna analyze the IDS logs if we get all the IDS logs tru syslog, it just received a header and not the full payload and how we gonna analyze and correlate with the IDS logs if the only devices logs we received was from firewalls? It's only show the permit policy of the firewalls which is just accept and deny. How? How? How? Can anybody explain this to me? I'm a noobs! I know nothing.

Well, what a shit day! I hate being a vendor! I want to be client! :(

Anyway, today was a busy day for me, my V6 roadtax was expired today, so that i must renew it by today! However, i can't renew it cause of my insurance will expire another 2 months, i need to extend my insurance another 4 months to make the roadtax possible to renew. So i have to find Kurnia Insurance office and luckily i found one at Jalan Klang Lama, thank God! so, i went to Pos Office Jalan Klang Lama to renew the roadtax, done! I also done paying all the bills: astro, cukai pintu, MARA, Citibank, fuh! That's was a big transaction of my money! Sadly, this year, my company don't give any Insentif Perayaan for Chinese New Year, so my budget was a lil' bit lari. deng!

Fuh! What a day!

:(